Open auditions for children for the Opening Ceremony of the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am Games
The Cirque du Soleil’s Casting Team will be hosting open auditions in Toronto, Ontario on February 7, 2015.
They are seeking 115 motivated and enthusiastic children (boys and girls) from all cultural backgrounds willing to participate as a volunteer in a Cirque du Soleil production created exclusively for the Opening Ceremony of the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am Games.
This is a unique chance to perform in front of thousands of live spectators and millions of television viewers through an international broadcast!
**Deadline for submissions: IMMEDIATE (The number of places is limited. Invitation to audition is on a first come, first served basis.).**
- Looks like a child between 8 and 10 years old;
- No taller than 1,47m (4’10”);
- Able to portray emotion without words.
- Ability to portray character’s traits;
- Be 12 years old or older as of April 24th, 2015 (mandatory);
- Be available for all rehearsal and show date (Rehearsal dates April 25 and 26, 2015; May 9, 10, 30 and 31, 2015; June 14, 21, 24, 25, 26 and 27, 2015; July 8 and 9, 2015. Prior to June 24th, all rehearsal sessions will be during the weekends. Exact rehearsal schedule to be confirmed. Show date July 10, 2015);
- Good self-discipline;
- Some experience on stage and/or film/commercials, an asset;
- Live in Toronto, or be resident in Toronto during the rehearsals and show day.
Parent or designated guardian must be present during the whole day of the audition.
- If you meet the requirements above, please REGISTER (find link below the post). Once you finish the registration process, you will receive an email with the application ID attached.
- A few weeks before the audition, we will send a second email with the Parental Authorization (including the Terms and conditions and the address of the audition) that you will need to print, have it completed and signed by one of your parents, ideally the person who will be with you during the day of the audition. It will be important to bring this document with you at the audition. In the event that none of your parents can be with you the whole day of the audition, they will have to identify a person who will act as your guardian during the whole day, and complete the document entitled ‘Designation of a Guardian’ and join it to the other document. Your guardian will have to bring both documents at the audition and give it to the audition team at the beginning of the day.
Important information to attend the audition:
- It is not necessary for candidates to prepare an act or a number for this audition;
- During the audition, children will be asked to participate in some acting and movement exercises;
- We recommend that you bring your lunch since the audition may take all day. Please note that Cirque du Soleil will not pay for any expenses incurred by candidates participating in these auditions;
- This is an open audition for a Cirque du Soleil production created exclusively for the Opening Ceremony of the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am Games. Selected candidates will participate voluntarily to this project.
See you at the audition!
If you do not fit this profile, there are plenty of volunteer performing roles still to fill in one of the other Ceremonies or as part of the Medals Presentation Team. To get more information, click on this link: www.toronto2015.org/volunteer/ceremonies.