Our volunteers are people that understand and appreciate the impact that the arts have on the education of youth. We are looking to add people to our team that share the same passion for youth engagement by providing meaningful workshops, programs and life changing opportunities. If you are committed, self motivated and a firm believer in our mission, we encourage you to apply.
Guidelines for becoming a volunteer:
– If over the age of 16 you must provide a recent vulnerable sector police check
– If over the age of 18 you must have Emergency First Aid and Level “A” CPR Program (1 day)
There are three strong reasons Just BGRAPHIC incorporates volunteers into its programs:
First, it helps build organizational strength, that strength comes not only from growing, retaining members and enhancing association programs but also in the sense of ownership that volunteers gain when they become visible advocates for the association.
Second, you as member volunteers have unbiased credibility that paid staff or consultants never have. You can discuss peer-to-peer and promote the association because you believe in it. Volunteering is a personal choice, not your job. Never underestimate the power of peer-to-peer communication.
Third, using volunteers extends the resources of an association. Volunteers provide extra hands that enable an association to do tasks and activities that might not otherwise get done. Volunteers also provide valuable input to association leadership and staff.
What do volunteers receive?
– You have a sense of giving back to the community and the youth we serve.
– You can express your values in activities that are meaningful.
– You will increase your knowledge and learn new skills through networking with other knowledgeable peers.
– You gain an insider’s knowledge of the organization to grow the value of your membership.
– You enhance your career and gain prestige by building relationships with new contacts and old friends.