Sound and Music program provide students with in-depth knowledge of music engineering, mixing and production techniques. To help prepare for the technical, hands-on studio components of the programs, some courses will focus on ear training and music theory.
- Radio Broadcasting
- Stage and live performance engineering
- Industry trends and culture
- Production theory
- Analog and digital recording
- Copyright laws and legal contracts *SHSM
- Studio setup *SHSM
Programs also emphasize marketing and promotions and small business and entrepreneurship to prepare students for the business side of the music industry and gearing them up for post-secondary education.
- Dedicated space for program
- Access to iPads and Laptops 2 students per device max.
- Offsite trip forms *optional