We are looking to hire 1 Program Coordinator for the Just BGRAPHIC Summer Arts Academy. Public summer program for participants ages 12-15 years old.
- Wage: $20.00 / hr
- Start Date: May 24, 2023
- End Date: Aug 31, 2023
- Hours/wk: 35hrs
Just BGRAPHIC is a not-for-profit organization evolving as a social enterprise. Our social conscience is rooted in the belief that students exposed to a culturally responsive curriculum that employs progressive pedagogies are more likely to succeed academically.
Diverse, original and passionate, Just BGRAPHIC is a modern movement of progressive artist united with experienced educators on a bold mission to revolutionize arts education in Canadian schools. We create programs that align with the Ministry of Education guidelines for students in middle and high school, including Specialist High School Major (SHSM). We provide students and schools with experiential learning and career exploration activities that include conferences, symposiums, job fairs and tours of various professional art spaces.
Summer Arts Academy
Each summer 70-80 students will participate in a 6 week learning journey Monday – Friday from July 2, 2023 – Aug 5, 2023. Participants will embark on an unforgettable experience with Just BGRAPHIC instructors and teachers dedicated to fostering a safe and creative learning experiences. Participants will spend their days participating in a hybrid of arts, history and social sciences programming.
30 days of adventures, keeping young minds sharp and engaged. Our goal is to have the students leave inflated with pride; mastering new skills, and feeling connected to a supportive team of artist and teachers.
Team Member Characteristics
Our team members are passionate about both art and teaching. They have excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills, which enable them to manage a classroom, organize a curriculum, and convey difficult concepts to their students. Our faculty run their own practices or are businesspeople as well as teachers, and possess administrative and business skills.
We are looking for a Program Coordinator to undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks. You will help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties. To be an excellent program coordinator, you must be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with diverse teams. The goal will be to facilitate the effective management of programs according to the organization’s standards.
- Support planning and coordination of a program and its activities
- Ensure implementation of policies and practices
- Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions
- Manage communications through media relations, social media etc.
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.)
- Prepare paperwork and order material
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals
- Support growth and program development
Minimum Requirements / Knowledge / Skill For Art Teacher Job
Two years’ work experience as an art instructor. Minimum education requirements / certification
- Applicants currently enrolled in teachers college applicant are welcomed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Digital Arts, Edcuation OR
- 5 years of professional arts practice