We are looking to hire 1 Social Media Content Manager for the Just BGRAPHIC Summer Arts Academy. Public summer program for participants ages 12-15 years old.
Just BGRAPHIC is a not-for-profit organization evolving as a social enterprise. Our social conscience is rooted in the belief that students exposed to a culturally responsive curriculum that employs progressive pedagogies are more likely to succeed academically.
Diverse, original and passionate, Just BGRAPHIC is a modern movement of progressive artist united with experienced educators on a bold mission to revolutionize arts education in Canadian schools. We create programs that align with the Ministry of Education guidelines for students in middle and high school, including Specialist High School Major (SHSM). We provide students and schools with experiential learning and career exploration activities that include conferences, symposiums, job fairs and tours of various professional art spaces.
Summer Arts Academy
Each summer 70-80 students will participate in a 6 week learning journey Monday – Friday from July 2, 2023 – Aug 5, 2023. Participants will embark on an unforgettable experience with Just BGRAPHIC instructors and teachers dedicated to fostering a safe and creative learning experiences. Participants will spend their days participating in a hybrid of arts, history and social sciences programming.
30 days of adventures, keeping young minds sharp and engaged. Our goal is to have the students leave inflated with pride; mastering new skills, and feeling connected to a supportive team of artist and teachers.
Team Member Characteristics
Our team members are passionate about both art and teaching. They have excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills, which enable them to manage a classroom, organize a curriculum, and convey difficult concepts to their students. Our faculty run their own practices or are businesspeople as well as teachers, and possess administrative and business skills.
We are searching for a talented social media manager to share the stories, learning moments and success of the Summer Arts Academy by building a social media presence. The social media manager will be required to run advertising campaigns and drive engagement by creating high-quality original content. You should also engage and manage our online community by responding to comments, and oversee our online community engagement. Drawing inspiration from the curriculum and its themes / subjects, the social media manage will be responsible of creating culturally responsive and diverse content that consistent with the organizations guidelines; to decolonize arts based education, develop aesthetic understandings and appreciations.
Social Media Content Manager will perform all or some of the following Job description:
- Run organization social media advertising campaigns.
- Formulate high-quality written and visual content for each social media campaign.
- Build a social media presence by maintaining a solid online presence.
- Monitoring the organizations brand on social media.
- Building brand awareness by engaging relevant community members.
- Managing our online communities to ensure respectful and appropriate engagement.
- Responding to comments on each of our accounts.
- Overseeing customer service provided via social media.
- Analyzing data to determine whether social media campaigns have achieved their objectives.
- Coaching team members company-wide on content creation best practices.
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students’ work for the school and the community
Minimum Requirements / Knowledge / Skill For Art Teacher Job
Two years’ work experience as an art instructor. Minimum education requirements / certification
- Applicants currently enrolled in teachers college applicant are welcomed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Digital Arts, Edcuation OR
- 5 years of professional arts practice