75mins of hands on working and learning. Students are required to have their footage prior to the workshop. Otherwise, stock footage can be used for the purpose of the workshop. This course guides students through learning the fundamentals of editing video and audio using Adobe Premier/Rush. Topics include basic video and audio effects, working with text and images in video, and creating video for online content. Students acquire editing skills as they develop their own creative projects. Students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class.
Trial versions of the software are sometimes available on the Adobe.com website
Upon the successful completion of this course, students will have learned to:
- Identify and demonstrate the procedures for creating a new project, understand media management and basic workflows within Adobe Premiere Pro / Rush
- Create basic video effects and transitions in Adobe Premiere Pro / Rush.
- Import and export graphic, audio and video files to and from Adobe Premiere Pro / Rush
- Mix audio elements, adjust audio levels and add transitions.
- Add titles, closed captions and perform basic color correction to video clips.