Are you looking for a unique opportunity? Have you been wanting to put your talent in leadership, activism, outreach, planning, and organizing to a great cause?
Well, look no further! If you are committed to building community arts programming and creating spaces for youth to creatively express themselves this opportunity is for you!
Who is Just BGRAPHIC
Just BGRAPHIC is a not-for-profit organization evolving as a social enterprise. As a non profit we create opportunities for the community to engage in non hobbyist arts programming that is geared toward career development and academic success. Our social conscience is rooted in the belief that students exposed to a culturally responsive curriculum that employs progressive pedagogies are more likely to succeed academically.
Who are we looking for?
We believe in a Youth Board of Directors that reflects the composition of our staff and the communities that we work with, so our priorities are individuals who identify as People of Colour, and/or 2SLGBTQIA+.
We are recruiting board members with backgrounds, experiences and interests in the following areas:
- Community Arts
- Youth Leadership
- Team work
- Event planning
- Community engagement
- Program planning
Prospective board members must share our values, believe that youth the voices of the BIPOC and 2SLGBTQIA+ arts community voices needs more representation.
- That they are, at least, 16 years of age
- Willing to attend monthly meetings and commit 10-20 hours a month to Board work; and
- Willing to hold a 12 month renewable term.
Why get involved?
- Give back to your community and support youth
- Support decolonization of arts education in Ontario
- Leadership experience in an organization with a national impact
- Gain or sharpen your executive-level decision making and leadership skills
- Build your network
- Advance your career
- Have fun and change lives