Grades: Intermediate and High School
Duration: 60-120 minutes
Get ready to move your body to the beat of the Caribbean with the Soca Dance Workshop! This energetic dance genre originated in Trinidad and Tobago and has since spread throughout the Caribbean Islands. During this 60-120 minute workshop, students will learn about the West Indies culture through the traditional Afro Caribbean folklore movements that form the foundation of Soca dance. The workshop focuses on body and waist isolations, waving, jumping, and stomping to the rhythm of soca music. Students will have the opportunity to explore new movements and enhance their dance vocabulary in a fun and engaging way. Soca dance is typically performed at Caribbean social events such as Carnivals and Fetes, making this workshop a great opportunity to learn about the culture while developing new skills.
- Learn about the West Indies culture through traditional Afro Caribbean folklore movements
- Enhance dance vocabulary through body and waist isolations, waving, jumping, and stomping to the rhythm of Soca music
- Explore new movements in a fun and engaging way
- Experience the energetic and joyful spirit of Caribbean dance
- Improve rhythm and coordination through Soca dance techniques
Reserve your workshop date now, it’s free and easy!